Saturday, March 3, 2012

Animalistic

Big news - Jesper and I bought a house. Insane! We've been together for about 6 years, and we figured it was time we found a place where the rent wouldn't just disappear into the blue air but turned into bricks instead ;) I still can't quite believe we found a perfect house so early in our search - it was the third we went to check out (though we've seen too many to count online, LOL!). It just instantly felt like home when we got there. I kept visualizing beautiful decorations and started unconsciously placing our furniture as we walked through the rooms. We move in around 15th of April so life is going to be crazy busy the next 1½ month! Between school, painting and fixing the house and clearing the old place, I doubt there will be time left for anything else than sleep. But it's going to be so worth it!

I have so many ideas for the house. I definitely want it less Ikea and more vintage than now. Recently started to roam the local thrift stores again, and I found an adorable plate I want to show you;

Fox plate / Thrifted
Isn't it gorgeous? Not sure whether I will hang it on the wall or use it for decoration. If you have a fun idea feel free to share in the comments!

It's no secret that I love bunnies. When I saw this shaker set on Modcloth, I knew I had to get it. They're poorly painted but still ever so cute!

Bunny shakers / Modcloth



I better show you why I really had to have them. This is my dwarf lop Vuk (named after a cartoon with a fox I loved as a child). He has the most amazing temperament yet he is super energetic and really needs to get out and run more often. I can't wait to let him roam the grass in the garden at the new home!

Vuk


See the resemblance?

I have one more cute critter to show you. On our way home one day, Jesper and I found this beautiful bird. We think it is a Citronsisken, as it is called in Danish, and if we're right it's a pretty rare sight! It looked sick, sitting on the ground not moving when we got close. It sat in the middle of the road so I was really worried it'd get run over if we just left it there. I sent Jesper home after a box so we could take it to the vet. I stayed close to it, about ½ a metre or so, and it didn't move an inch. When Jesper came back and tried to gently lift it into the box, the little guy flew away. Aww. I really hope he makes it! Something has to be wrong considering how he just sat there :(

Citronsisken / Sorry about the quality, I had to use my cell.
That's all for today.

Vetten

No comments:

Post a Comment